Vishwa Samrat, Mulund

Vishwa Samrat
Mulund, Mumbai
Indian / Chinese Cuisine
Good Indian food


Vishwa Samrat brings back a host of memories. At a time, when there were no malls, coffee shops, pizza delivery options, when eating out options were limited (Gosh I feel ancient), Vishwa Samrat would always be the most frequented place for a birthday, anniversary or just good marks in your exams.

Recently, I visited Vishwa samrat after like ages, And wow, nothing has changed. The same family setting, the same staff and the food as always really good. I was surprised to see that on weekends, the place was full, and we had to wait!

The ambiance is of a typical family restaurant, with beautiful paintings on the walls, bright yellow lighting and classical music playing in the background. You can either see families enjoying themselves or business associates discussing some deal over a drink. It would cost about 1000 for a meal for two (Includes starters and main course but without alcohol), the portions are quite good.


My fav at Vishwa samrat is their veg chilli milli with fried rice and have never been disappointed. The food is always served very hot and the service is great. You must try if you ever in Mulund and want some good Indian food.


P.S - Its near the market road, but they have valet parking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Some people are born to sing, some to dance, some to play a sport. well I believe that I was born to eat, I am serious. For starters I am always hungry. Well i love food, i just wished it would not add calories. Anyways, if I am at home, id prefer my tais kanda poha and pulao, Moms rasam rice, aloo sabji, dads dal and My fav raita. Outside I have lots of favorites - Big Chill in delhi for Italian, Tomatoes in Ahmedabad for Mexican, Indian could be Vishwa Samrat in Mumbai. Some people eat to live, I think I def live to eat. I might be vegetarian who hates paneer, but i still have a lot of options, cause there are so many eateries in the world and so much to sample! So this blog is an attempt to share my food experiences, my likes, dislikes. I also travel a little bit, so hoping to add listings from different cities. It would be great, if you could drop a line, add your recommendations or comments. Cheers!